First of all everything you need to know about eCommerce Photography on Myntra.
The idea of eCommerce photography as part of one’s career would have been unheard of a couple of decades back.
But with the increasing demand of digital commerce, the prospect of earning by being a photographer for eCommerce websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Snapdeal etc. is enhancing rapidly.
This article will attempt to provide the interested shutterbugs with the most noteworthy guidelines required to become a photographer on the digital giant Myntra.
Product Guidelines for Footwear Photography for eCommerce Photography
1. There must be five angles of the product (front, back, side, fourth angle and the detailed shot)
2. Similarly the detailed shot must not be cropped from the default angle.
3. Dust stains also must not be there in the outer sole of footwear. It is best to use the newest and
cleanest pair of shoes for the shoot.
4. The out sole must not have any text engraved.
5. The right leg footwear must be used for all angles of shooting.
6. Similarly the images of the product must not be mirrored.
Product Guidelines for Bags Photography for eCommerce Photography
(Handbag, Laptop Bag, Back pack, Trolley bags, Wallets, Sling bag, Messenger Bags)
1. There must be six angles (front, back, side, open shot, look shot and detailed shot)
2. Image must be shot with white background and natural light.
3. 4-5 inches should be provided between the product and the image frame.
4. Colour and lighting should be consistent across all the angles.
5. No part of the product must be out of focus.
6. Strap of the bag should be kept neatly.
7. All tags and dust particles also must be removed from the product.
8. The branding in all the angles must match.
9. Any extra key chains or danglers that come with the handbag must be shown with all the
10. First of all colour and lighting must be consistent across all angles.
11. The retractable handle in case of Trolley bags must be kept partially open in all angles.
12. Wrist loop if any in case of wallets should be kept neatly.
Product Guidelines for Cloths Photography for eCommerce Photography
1. There must be three angles (front, detail shot & Look shot).
2. White background similarly natural shadow shotted image.
3. Shot separately and not cropped from default angle.
4. Image should be shot with White background similarly Natural shadow.
5. Before the shoot dirt/dust/patches and product tags/stickers should be removed.
6. Neatly ironed product before the shoot in order to avoid creases / wrinkles.
7. Every image should be eye level shotted. Avoid shooting images from below or above eye
8. Lighting, Sharpness, Product’s Colour and Model’s skin tone should be consistent across all
9. No part of the product must be out of focus.
Product Guidelines for Jewellery Photography for eCommerce Photography
1. Required four angles (front, detailed, top and look shot).
2. The colour of the product in the look shot as well as other angles must be consistent.
3. The product must be free of dust as well as rust stains also.
4. Similarly no part of the jewellery must be out of focus.
5. The shadows must be light and natural. Similarly please use soft lighting and hard shadows must be also
6. The product must be free of dust as well as rust stains.
7. Makeup of the model must be subtle as well as not over done. The model should avoid any
overtly dramatic poses and expressions and must be natural.
8. The apparel worn by the model in the look shot must be according to the type of jewellery.
Product Guidelines for Cosmetics Photography for eCommerce Photography
1. So two angles are mandatory.
2. The images must be sharp as well as not get pixilated or blurred.
3. Similarly soft natural shadows and soft natural lighting needs to be used.
As a result to fulfil your photos to be qualified by Myntra. Required all the guidelines. We will also prepare guidelines article on Amazon and Flipkart so check those out as well !